Electric transport of Brazil

This forum is for non-Russian-speaking users of our website. You can write here in any language.
Ответить
gatodecamapa

Сообщение gatodecamapa » 11 апр 2012, 00:25

Today there are more tram systems in some brazilian towns that are yet not listed on Transfoto: the 36 km interurban line in Campos do Jordao, 3 km long "Park" line around the lake in Campinas, operated by heritage trams, a short line between the ferry boat and electric power plant in Itatinga village near Bertioga, all in the State of Sao Paulo. Soon I will visit all this places and will make some pictures. Also I am planning a short weekend photo-trip to Santos. There are many good news: city got some new heritage trams and the tourist tram line was recently extended to 4 km 9000 m!

Kaiser_Wilhelm_II
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Kaiser_Wilhelm_II » 12 апр 2012, 22:39

Thank you. I would like to see your photos of transport.

gatodecamapa

Сообщение gatodecamapa » 23 апр 2012, 23:12

Yesterday I was in the relatively small town, Poços de Caldas. It is a metallurgic and a turist centre in the mountains of "Minas Gerais" state. In the middle of the town i saw a strange concrete construction, half deteriorated, looking like the viaduct. Getting closer i realized that it is an old monorail line. Driving along the line i suddenly saw an articulated, 2 car system of the monorail train hanging from the viaduct. It is still there, since 1983, when the system was brought to finish. It is for now, the only monorail line that you can see in Brazil. People in the town say they they are fed up by the situation when the long, snake-like construction crosses half of the main town thoroughfare, spoiling the view, but for almost 30 years the train never operated. Actually, the train operated only for the short time during the tests in 1982 - 1983 years, and then some part of the concrete viaduct fell down. The company which got tender for the operation did not have money to restore the line and neither the City Hall had. That's why, until now this line stands as a monument of the incompetence.
I want to send the pictures of the line and of the vehicle to the STTS but i really don't know how since there is not Poços de Caldas town in the town list and still i could not find monorail section.

Antons Fomiskins

Сообщение Antons Fomiskins » 25 апр 2012, 01:32

If you can't see city in the list but you do have photos from that city, don't hesitate and ask to create new city. You can do it in upload form by choosing city "[city is not in the list]" (the very first in that dropdown list) and writing about necessity of creating of new city in Remarks. Now Poços de Caldas city is created http://transphoto.ru/city/1379/ and you can upload photos and choose that city in city list of upload form.

Ответить